How Sauti Collect Works
Sauti Collect enables researchers and solution designers to build custom mobile USSD and SMS surveys, collect reliable data, and monitor collection progress. Our surveys best use case is for challenging 'low-technology' contexts with hard-to-sample populations.
Survey Hard-to-Reach Populations at Scale
Build USSD, SMS, and WhatsApp-based surveys to provide trusted surveys to communities which are accessible with any kind of phone. Sauti Collect enables data collection with enhanced reach and interaction to populations that are typically difficult to sample.
Design USSD, SMS, and WhatApp-based platforms to target unique project needs:
- Conduct accurate and cost-effective remote mobile data collection with hard-to- reach communities.
- Ensure respondent anonymity when inquiring about sensitive topics.
- Reduce economic barriers to participation by sending surveys that are free to respondents and receivable by phones without airtime credit.
- Survey with multiple language options, including English, Kiswahili, Luganda, Kinyarwanda, Lukiga, Samia, and Somali.
Put users at the centre of platform design and implementation to address barriers to scaled innovation adoption:
- Easily design custom surveys with skip logic and validation for required questions.
- Use real-time data to monitor key metrics and performance indicators.
- Automatically deposit and track incentives for survey completion via airtime credit and mobile money.
- Rapidly receive data in your preferred formats for exporting, analysis, and visualisation.
Reduce distribution costs and enhance scale by deploying information solutions with proven potential for integration or ‘bundling’ with other services, such as:
- Rapidly deploy surveys and receive real-time responses for baseline studies, rapid monitoring, and impact evaluations.
- Reach individuals and businesses engaged in trade across East Africa.
- Segment audiences and tailor surveys to target key respondents by gender, age, location, and other custom criteria.
Ready for rapid deployment
Sauti’s custom-built technology solutions are available for rapid deployment across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- South Africa
Discover your Sauti Collect use case
Sauti has been working on a market monitoring and predictive modelling project with the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) in order to improve access to previously-hard-to-gather market prices. As part of this project, Sauti also successfully piloted a USSD virtual marketplace to improve market linkages of traditionally excluded businesses.
Since 2019, via Sauti Collect, Sauti has been able to offer an end-to-end USSD mobile data collection solution, from survey design and testing, to survey deployment and monitoring of incoming results – all from one user-friendly dashboard.